NCBI Secure Website Tests
What is happening?
When are the tests?
- Monday, September 26, 2016 from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT (12:00 - 16:00 UTC)
How will the tests affect me?
http://). You should also see a small green padlock icon that indicates that the NCBI website security is working properly.
https://. This behavior is normal during the test, and will be the standard behavior for
http://URLs after NCBI switches to HTTPS only.
- An icon in the browser address bar may appear as some other color, such as yellow, gray, or red
- Missing images on pages
- Web forms that don't work properly when submitted
- Active page elements that don't work correctly
- A page that says "Forbidden", and a message explaining that the service is no longer available on http
- A message that says the site is "not secure"
- Browser extensions may not work correctly or at all
- Images and forms may not work correctly when the NCBI site is accessed through a proxy server
If I encounter a problem, what should I do?
http://instead of after the test has ended.) If your Web request was for a long-running process such as a BLAST job, resubmit the search and run it again. You can also try cleaning your browser's cache and clearing cookies.