jueves, 12 de marzo de 2020

Have you seen the latest news and insights on Cystic Fibrosis News Today?


Cystic Fibrosis Weekly Update

Contents:

CF Families Advised to Take Preventive Measures to Avoid Coronavirus

Mar 11, 2020 09:00 am | David Melamed



COVID-19With the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) affecting thousands of people around the world, individuals with respiratory conditions such as cystic fibrosis (CF) need to take precautions, according to medical expert Richard K. Mathis, MD. Mathis is a board member of Claire’s Place Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports CF patients and their families. He has personally […]
The post CF Families Advised to Take Preventive Measures to Avoid Coronavirus appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike CF Families Advised to Take Preventive Measures to Avoid Coronavirus on Facebook

I Tried Fringe Science and I Don’t Regret It

Mar 10, 2020 03:00 pm | Bailey Vincent



experimentalI had an experimental stem cell transplant five years ago and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done. In all honesty, I don’t actually know how much my stem cells helped because it happened during a confusing period. In the same six-month stretch, I found out I had Brugada syndrome and was […]
The post I Tried Fringe Science and I Don’t Regret It appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike I Tried Fringe Science and I Don’t Regret It on Facebook

The Cure List: Dreams Achieved and Dreams to Come

Mar 10, 2020 09:00 am | Brad Dell



cure, steroid withdrawals, fear of abandonmentI’m always promising people I’ll write a memoir … at some point. Once, I got 46,853 words deep before realizing that my writing style had evolved enough that, “Mmm, that draft is trash.” Recently, I gave it another jab. I leave my writing raw, still bleeding and unfiltered to depict past messy emotions or situations. […]
The post The Cure List: Dreams Achieved and Dreams to Come appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike The Cure List: Dreams Achieved and Dreams to Come on Facebook

Nanoparticles with Plant Sterols May Aid Gene Therapy for CF

Mar 10, 2020 07:30 am | Joana Carvalho, PhD



nanoparticles and gene therapyTiny particles, or nanoparticles, work better as transport and delivery vehicles for the RNA molecules central to some forms of gene therapy when plant-based relatives of cholesterol, called phytosterols, are included, scientists report. These findings are in the study, “Naturally-occurring cholesterol analogues in lipid nanoparticles induce polymorphic shape and enhance intracellular delivery of mRNA,” published […]
The post Nanoparticles with Plant Sterols May Aid Gene Therapy for CF appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Nanoparticles with Plant Sterols May Aid Gene Therapy for CF on Facebook

Recent News

Words of Wisdom to My Younger Self
Topline Phase 2 Trial Data on ELX-02 Expected in First Half of 2020, Eloxx Says
Pediatric Rare Disease Therapies Increase, But Most Repurposed, Study Finds
Welcome to ‘Valiant Voice,’ a New Column About Life with CF
Reflecting on the Passage of Time

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario