sábado, 6 de junio de 2020

Cystic Fibrosis News Today Daily Digest

 

Cystic Fibrosis Weekly Update

Contents:

Microbe DNA Discovery May Lead to Noninvasive Test for CF Infections

May 27, 2020 07:00 am | Steve Bryson PhD



microbe DNAPeople with cystic fibrosis (CF) have higher levels of DNA from common microbes that cause CF-related infections circulating in their blood compared to healthy controls, a study discovered. These findings support the development of a simple blood test as a noninvasive diagnostic tool to identify chronic lung infections in CF patients.  The study, “Cell free […]
The post Microbe DNA Discovery May Lead to Noninvasive Test for CF Infections appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Microbe DNA Discovery May Lead to Noninvasive Test for CF Infections on Facebook

I’m a Dancer but I Can’t Walk Right Now

May 26, 2020 03:00 pm | Bailey Vincent



walk, pre-existing condition, perspective, slowing downMy body doesn’t work. This isn’t new information. But every time I get new information about a new way it doesn’t work, I feel a surge of emotion. “I think I’m sort of depressed today,” I told my partner, after a long morning of telehealth and treatments. “I just wish there was something I could […]
The post I’m a Dancer but I Can’t Walk Right Now appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike I’m a Dancer but I Can’t Walk Right Now on Facebook

How Dying Taught Me to Live

May 26, 2020 09:00 am | Brad Dell



covid-19, tips, nostalgia, deathHis little ribs rose, then fell, then rose, then fell, then stayed still. The spark left his green, curious eyes — I swear it wasn’t a trick of the light. They were dull … dead. I loathed myself for letting my first cat be put to sleep without me by her side. I swore I’d […]
The post How Dying Taught Me to Live appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike How Dying Taught Me to Live on Facebook

OneLegacy Video Series Promotes Organ, Tissue Donation

May 26, 2020 07:00 am | Joana Carvalho, PhD



The nonprofit group OneLegacy has launched a video series, available on its social media channels, to raise awareness of the importance of organ and tissue donations. Called “Sound Good?” the four-part series features the stories of two teenagers and high school friends, one who is struggling with heart disease and the need for a transplant. It was […]
The post OneLegacy Video Series Promotes Organ, Tissue Donation appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike OneLegacy Video Series Promotes Organ, Tissue Donation on Facebook
 

Recent News

Eurordis Urges Expansion of Newborn Screening Initiatives Across Europe
Symdeko and Orkambi Seen to Also Ease Inflammation in CF Patients
Young CF Patients in UK Receive Machines for At-home Lung Monitoring During Pandemic
Unity and EU-wide Efforts Focus of Online Rare Disease Meeting
Video Games Connect Chronically Ill Children Isolated at Home, Hospital

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario