domingo, 28 de octubre de 2018

CDC - Inside Knowledge Campaign - Cervical Cancer Survivor Stories

CDC - Inside Knowledge Campaign - Cervical Cancer Survivor Stories

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC twenty four seven. Saving Lives, Protecting People



Cervical Cancer Survivor Stories



Each year in the United States, about 12,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer. Women from across the country have shared their personal survivor stories. Their first-hand accounts offer important lessons for other women.
Photo of Amy R.

“Always listen to that inner voice. If you feel like something is not right, get it checked.”
Amy R., Cervical Cancer Survivor
Age at diagnosis: 41

Photo of Jen P.

“Cancer has changed my entire life and how I appreciate and look at everything around me.”
Jen P., Cervical Cancer Survivor
Age at diagnosis: 43

Photo of Janna H.

“I was scared and angry when I received my diagnosis, but I decided to face it head on.”
Janna H., Cervical Cancer Survivor
Age at diagnosis: 32

Photo of Kristina N.H.

“I had the chance to prevent my cancer. Please don’t miss your chance. Vaccinate yourself and your children.”
Kristina N.H., Cervical Cancer Survivor
Age at diagnosis: 34

Photo of Rose T.

“I’ve been thrown some difficult challenges, but yes, there will be a rest of my life. I will NEVER give up!”
Rose T., Cervical Cancer Survivor
Age at diagnosis: 38

Photo of Jennie C.

“My instinct has always been to never give up!”
Jennie C., Cervical Cancer Survivor
Age at diagnosis: 32

Photo of Eileen A.

“I had a family history of cervical and uterine cancers but I didn’t get checked until I had symptoms. So if you have a family history, tell your doctor and ask if you should have special tests to find anything early.”
Eileen A., Cervical and Uterine Cancer Survivor
Age at diagnosis: 64

Photo of Geraldine P.

“Get your Pap smear regularly. It really can save your life.”
Geraldine P., Cervical Cancer Survivor
Age at diagnosis: 62

Photo of Tamika F.

“I’m living proof that screening can find cervical cancer at an early stage, when treatment works best.”
Tamika F., Cervical Cancer Survivor
Age at diagnosis: 25

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario