viernes, 19 de junio de 2020

Cystic Fibrosis News Today Daily Digest

 

Cystic Fibrosis Weekly Update

Contents:

Second-hand Smoke Affects Metabolism in Infants and Children with CF, Study Finds

Jun 17, 2020 07:00 am | Patricia Inacio, PhD



second-hand smokeExposure to second-hand smoke in infants and children with cystic fibrosis (CF) is linked to changes in levels of metabolites and activation of signaling pathways that enhance inflammation, a study has found. The findings suggest exposure to second-hand smoke is a potentially important environmental factor in CF. The study “Metabolomics profiling of tobacco exposure in […]
The post Second-hand Smoke Affects Metabolism in Infants and Children with CF, Study Finds appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Second-hand Smoke Affects Metabolism in Infants and Children with CF, Study Finds on Facebook

Death Is Not a Good Diet Plan

Jun 16, 2020 03:00 pm | Bailey Vincent



walk, pre-existing condition, perspective, slowing downIf I die from anything, it’s going to be food. I have gone without food for long periods of time. It’s something many people with cystic fibrosis or other chronic illnesses know too well. After my fundoplication surgery in 2015, I couldn’t eat anything denser than pudding while the swelling inside me went down. I […]
The post Death Is Not a Good Diet Plan appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Death Is Not a Good Diet Plan on Facebook

Finding Fate in the Fallout

Jun 16, 2020 09:00 am | Brad Dell



teenager, covid-19, tips, nostalgia, deathIn my last column, I described how nearly dying made me a better person. That might imply that I flipped a brain switch to become a more rad version of Brad overnight, but that’s not how it happened. During my lung transplant journey, I strived to better my character, but I didn’t yet know what […]
The post Finding Fate in the Fallout appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Finding Fate in the Fallout on Facebook

3rd Annual CF FamilyCon, Free and Online, Starts Thursday

Jun 16, 2020 07:00 am | Marisa Wexler MS



CF FamilyCon eventThe third annual CF FamilyCon, a free and online event that connects people with cystic fibrosis (CF) and their extended families and friends with one another — and to others — takes place this weekend. This two-day event, supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, is set for Thursday, June 18, from 7 p.m. to 11 […]
The post 3rd Annual CF FamilyCon, Free and Online, Starts Thursday appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike 3rd Annual CF FamilyCon, Free and Online, Starts Thursday on Facebook
 

Recent News

New Combination of CFTR Mutations Found in Chinese Siblings With CF
How I Regained My Independence During the Pandemic
England Using Home Spirometry Kits to Cut Down on Hospital Visits
Kalydeco Approved in Europe to Treat Children with R117H Mutation
Coalition Will Address Racial Disparities in Rare Disease Communities

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario