domingo, 5 de julio de 2020

Cystic Fibrosis News Today Daily Digest


 

Cystic Fibrosis Weekly Update

Contents:

NHS, Vertex Strike Deal to Make Kaftrio Available in England

Jul 01, 2020 07:00 am | Marisa Wexler MS



Kaftrio agreementNHS England and Vertex Pharmaceuticals have reached an agreement that will allow access to Vertex’s Kaftrio (ivacaftor/tezacaftor/elexacaftor), a triple combination therapy for cystic fibrosis (CF) to be used in a combination regimen with Kalydeco, as soon as the medication is approved by the European Commission. The agreement gives reimbursed access to Kaftrio (marketed as Trikafta […]
The post NHS, Vertex Strike Deal to Make Kaftrio Available in England appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike NHS, Vertex Strike Deal to Make Kaftrio Available in England on Facebook

We Need Better Representation in the CF Community

Jun 30, 2020 03:00 pm | Bailey Vincent



walk, pre-existing condition, perspective, slowing downAs a health writer, I hesitate to cover topics that don’t fit directly into my “brand” because it’s bad business. I’ve cared about human rights for as long as I’ve been a human, but “sticking to my lane” means medicine, motivation, and myopic magnifications of my own fragile frailty (physically speaking). Recently, Black writers and […]
The post We Need Better Representation in the CF Community appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike We Need Better Representation in the CF Community on Facebook

I’m an Adrenaline Addict, but It’s Time to Minimize Risks

Jun 30, 2020 09:00 am | Brad Dell



risks, teenager, covid-19, tips, nostalgia, deathMany people think I’m reckless … and I guess I really kind of am. I blame a doctor for that. Years ago, I had a showdown with yet another infection that threatened to end my life, or at the very least — doctors said — threatened to force me into a wheelchair. I do very […]
The post I’m an Adrenaline Addict, but It’s Time to Minimize Risks appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike I’m an Adrenaline Addict, but It’s Time to Minimize Risks on Facebook

COVID-19 Source of Anxiety for Women With CF Children, Survey Finds

Jun 30, 2020 07:00 am | Forest Ray



anxiety and CFAnxiety related to fears of COVID-19 infection was higher among mothers of children with cystic fibrosis (CF) than those of healthy children, although teenage patients themselves were less anxious than age-matched peers without CF, a survey of families in Turkey reported. Mothers of young patients with chronic lung infections, and those of CF children at younger ages […]
The post COVID-19 Source of Anxiety for Women With CF Children, Survey Finds appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike COVID-19 Source of Anxiety for Women With CF Children, Survey Finds on Facebook
 

Recent News

CHMP Gives Positive Opinion to Vertex’s Triple Combination Therapy Kaftrio
I’m No Longer Resisting a Rest
Drying Does Not Clear Nebulizers of NTM Bacteria, Study Finds
Biofilm ‘Channels’ May Offer Better Way of Treating CF Bacterial Infections
Healthy Volunteers Do Well in AR-501 Trial for Chronic Lung Infections

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario