jueves, 10 de octubre de 2019

Topics in the CF News Today Forum That You Might Have Missed



Cystic Fibrosis News Today Weekly Forum Digest

Join the discussion! See below for the latest topics and conversations about CF taking place in our forums. Your voice is needed!

New to our forums? Register here.
 

CF camp

Oct 09, 2019 05:27 am | Jenny Livingston



Replies: 0
Let me tell you a little story. There was once a time, before the dangers of cross-infection were known, when people with CF and their siblings attended week-long camps together.
My siblings and I attended a camp in San Diego (camp Pillfeather) where there were endless games, crafts, swimming, skits and contests, fishing, and plenty of snacks available at all hours of the day. We’d line up for pills before meals, we’d do our treatments in the cabin (alongside several others doing their treatments as well), and we’d all cram into a cafeteria at mealtime.
Needless to say, this wasn’t the safest idea and as the dangers of cross-infection became known, these camps began shutting down. For those who are too young to have attended these camps or parents of young children with CF now, this whole thing probably seems absurd! While I understand completely why these camps no longer exist, I’m really grateful for the incredible summers I got to spend with so many others affected by this disease. CF camp was something we looked forward to each year, and it helped my siblings and I feel so much less alone in this journey.
Did you ever attend CF camp? What are your favorite CF camp memories? 
Read More
share on TwitterLike CF camp on Facebook

Physical symptoms as a result of clinic anxiety?

Oct 09, 2019 04:48 am | Jenny Livingston



Replies: 1

I’ve begun noticing a pattern where I start feeling sick shortly before my clinic appointments. Sometimes, it’s stomach pain, other times I’ll think I’m at the beginning of an exacerbation. Yet, after clinic, those symptoms completely disappear! My working theory is that my clinic anxiety is manifesting itself through these physiological symptoms.
Do you get anxiety related to clinic appointments? Do you ever experience something like this?
Read More
share on TwitterLike Physical symptoms as a result of clinic anxiety? on Facebook

An Obstacle on My Chosen Career Path Led to an Identity Crisis

Oct 09, 2019 12:44 am | Cystic Fibrosis News Moderator



Replies: 1
Tré LaRosa experienced an identity crisis when he began to wonder if he could ever really be the doctor he dreamed of becoming. Click here to read about his experience.
Has this ever happened to you? How did you feel?
Read More
share on TwitterLike An Obstacle on My Chosen Career Path Led to an Identity Crisis on Facebook

Recent Posts

Real Talk Tuesday: CF and Mental Health
Voting for CF AbbVie Scholarships Open to Public Until Oct 9
Study: IL-1 Receptor Inhibition May Block Mucus Build-up in Early CF
Nurse appreciation
Sharing My Journey Online Should Be About Connection, Not Competition

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario