jueves, 17 de octubre de 2019

World Alzheimer’s Month: Let’s talk about dementia to end the stigma - On Biology

World Alzheimer’s Month: Let’s talk about dementia to end the stigma - On Biology

Paola Barbarino

Paola Barbarino

Paola is CEO of Alzheimer’s Disease International. Prior to this, she was CEO of LIFE and occupied senior positions with Cass Business School, Tate, British Library and IIED. She is a Board Member of the World Dementia Council, a Trustee of The Postal Museum and ofLauderdale House. Previously she was a Non-Executive Director of the Non-Communicable Disease Alliance (NCDA), a Trustee of Shelter, the housing/homelessness charity, and of MLA London. She holds a degree cum laude in Classics from Federico II Napoli University, an MA in Field and Analytical Techniques in Archaeology and an MA in Library and Information Science both from University College London.


World Alzheimer’s Month: Let’s talk about dementia to end the stigma

Today, as part of World Alzheimer's Month, Paola Barbarino explains why we all need to talk about dementia, highlighting some key findings of the World Alzheimer Report 2019.
My mother has Alzheimer’s and so do her two sisters, but I had never imagined that this would happen to me. And then suddenly, I started to forget things, to forget my friends’ names, and the things I had to do. I also misplaced objects that I would find days later. I felt frustrated, got mad at myself many times, and wondered what was going wrong with me. At first, my husband Eduardo was angry too. He also could not understand what was going on.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario