Last Posted: Jan 06, 2017
- Younger Adults With Severe Dyslipidemia Less Likely to Be Prescribed Statins
TCTMD, January 5, 2017
- Rate of Statin Prescription in Younger Patients With Severe Dyslipidemia
SG Al-Kindi et al, JAMA Cardiology, January 4, 2017
- An Evidence-Based Guide to Cholesterol-Lowering Guidelines.
Waters David D et al. The Canadian journal of cardiology 2016 Oct
- Eligibility for PCSK9 treatment in 734 Hypercholesterolemic patients referred to a regional cholesterol treatment center with LDL cholesterol ≥ 70 mg/dl despite maximal tolerated cholesterol lowering therapy.
Glueck Charles J et al. Lipids in health and disease 2016 Mar 1555
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: Awareness, Appraisal, and Action.
Genest Jacques et al. The Canadian journal of cardiology 2016 Nov
- Genetic identification of familial hypercholesterolemia within a single U.S. health care system.
Abul-Husn Noura S et al. Science (New York, N.Y.) 2016 Dec 354(6319)
- Old challenges and new opportunities in the clinical management of heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HeFH): The promises of PCSK9 inhibitors.
Arca Marcello et al. Atherosclerosis 2016 Sep
- Geisinger and Regeneron study finds life-threatening genetic disorder is substantially underdiagnosed
Geisinger Health System, December 22, 2016
- Genetic identification of familial hypercholesterolemia within a single U.S. health care system
NS Abul-Husn et al, Science, December 23, 2016
- Knowing the Prevalence of Familial Hypercholesterolemia Matters.
Goldberg Anne C et al. Circulation 2016 Mar 133(11) 1054-7
- Letter by Paton Regarding Article, "Knowing the Prevalence of Familial Hypercholesterolemia Matters".
Paton David M et al. Circulation 2016 Jul 134(3) e17-8
- Attainment of LDL Cholesterol Treatment Goals in Children and Adolescents With Familial Hypercholesterolemia. The SAFEHEART Follow-up Registry.
Saltijeral Adriana et al. Revista espanola de cardiologia (English ed.) 2016 Nov
- A novel approach to screening for familial hypercholesterolemia in a large public venue.
Campbell Megan et al. Journal of community genetics 2016 Nov
- A qualitative study of patients' perceptions of the value of molecular diagnosis for familial hypercholesterolemia (FH).
Hallowell Nina et al. Journal of community genetics 2016 Nov
- The prevalence and prognostic importance of possible familial hypercholesterolemia in patients with myocardial infarction.
Rerup Sofie Aagaard et al. American heart journal 2016 Nov 18135-42
- The use of targeted exome sequencing in genetic diagnosis of young patients with severe hypercholesterolemia.
Jiang Long et al. Scientific reports 2016 Nov 636823
- What Gets Measured Gets Done: Public Health Progress in Familial Hypercholesterolemia
J Knowles and MJ Khoury, CDC Blog Post, November 9, 2016
- Genomics and Heart Disease
- Toolkit Information on Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Public Health Genomics in Action: Reducing Morbidity and Mortality from Familial
- Cascade screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Reducing the burden of disease and death from familial hypercholesterolemia: a call to action.
Knowles Joshua W et al. Am. Heart J. 2014 Dec 168(6) 807-11
- Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia in Children: What Can We Learn From Adult Screening Programs?
[Disease: Familial Hypercholesterolemia; Type: Data|Program; State: Multiple States]
- Tier 1 Genomic Applications Toolkit for Public Health Departments
[Disease: Multiple Diseases; Type: Tools; State: Multiple States]
[Disease: Stroke|Familial Hypercholesterolemia|Heart Disease; Type: Program; State: Multiple States]
- Statewide Screening of Fifth Graders Leads to Identification and Treatment of Those With Genetic Predisposition to Early-Onset Heart Disease
[Disease: Heart Disease|Familial Hypercholesterolemia|Stroke; Type: Data|Program; State: West Virginia]
- Addressing Familial Hypercholesterolemia
[Disease: Familial Hypercholesterolemia|Heart Disease|Stroke; Type: Education; State: West Virginia]
- The Agenda for Familial Hypercholesterolemia: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.
Published 2015 (American Heart Association)
- Identification and treatment of patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia: information and recommendations from a Middle East advisory panel.
Published 2015 (Expert panel)
- [Diagnosis and treatment of familial hypercholesterolemia in Spain: Consensus document.]
Published 2015 (Expert panel)
- Management of familial heterozygous hypercholesterolemia: Position Paper of the Polish Lipid Expert Forum
Published 2013 (Polish Lipid Expert Forum)
- Management of familial hypercholesterolemia in children and adolescents. Position paper of the Polish Lipid Expert Forum.
Published 2014 (Polish Lipid Expert Forum)
|Disease/Disorder||Test to be Assessed||Intended Use||Tier Classified||Detail|
|Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH)||DNA testing and LDL-C concentration measurement||Cascade testing of relatives of people diagnosed with FH||Tier 1|
- Spectrum of mutations in homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia in India, with four novel mutations.
Atherosclerosis 2016 Dec 255 31-36.
Setia Nitika, Saxena Renu, Arora Anjali, Verma Ishwar
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia in Spain: Prevalence and Phenotype-Genotype Relationship.
Circulation. Cardiovascular genetics 2016 Oct .
Sánchez-Hernández Rosa M, Civeira Fernando, Stef Marianne, Perez-Calahorra Sofía, Almagro Fátima, Plana Nuria, Novoa Francisco J, Sáenz-Aranzubía Pedro, Mosquera Daniel, Soler Cristina, Fuentes Francisco J, Brito-Casillas Yeray, Real José T, Blanco-Vaca Francisco, Ascaso Juan F, Pocoví Migu
- MTP Gene Variants and Response to Lomitapide in Patients with Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia.
Journal of atherosclerosis and thrombosis 2016 May .
Kolovou Genovefa D, Kolovou Vana, Papadopoulou Anna, Watts Gerald
- Predictors of cardiovascular events after one year of molecular screening for Familial hypercholesterolemia.
Atherosclerosis 2016 May 250 144-150.
Silva Pãmela R S, Jannes Cinthia E, Marsiglia Julia D C, Krieger Jose E, Santos Raul D, Pereira Alexandre
- Efficacy of clinical diagnostic criteria for familial hypercholesterolemia genetic testing in Poland.
Atherosclerosis 2016 Mar 249 52-58.
Mickiewicz Agnieszka, Chmara Magdalena, Futema Marta, Fijalkowski Marcin, Chlebus Krzysztof, Galaska Rafa?, Bandurski Tomasz, Pajkowski Marcin, Zuk Monika, Wasag Bartosz, Limon Janusz, Rynkiewicz Andrzej, Gruchala Marc