lunes, 29 de abril de 2019

Cystic Fibrosis News Today Weekly Digest


Cystic Fibrosis Weekly Update

Contents:

As a CFer, Birthdays Remind Me that Life Is Fragile

Apr 29, 2019 09:00 am | Tré LaRosa



birthdaysI can remember the day I discovered the truth that I had already suspected in my heart: cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-shortening disease. I’m just old enough that I couldn’t Google whatever I wanted to at the time. I learned this information from a calendar sitting in my CF clinic. In it were pictures […]
The post As a CFer, Birthdays Remind Me that Life Is Fragile appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike As a CFer, Birthdays Remind Me that Life Is Fragile on Facebook

Diabetes and Insulin Treatment Adds to CF Burden and Ways Are Needed to Ease It, Study Says

Apr 29, 2019 07:00 am | Ana Pena



diabetes and CFHaving to take insulin to treat cystic fibrosis-related diabetes (CFRD) adds to patient distress and sense of a poorer quality of life, a study says, alerting experts to a need to find approaches that might ease this burden. The findings were described in the study “The impact of cystic fibrosis-related diabetes on health-related quality of life,” published […]
The post Diabetes and Insulin Treatment Adds to CF Burden and Ways Are Needed to Ease It, Study Says appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Diabetes and Insulin Treatment Adds to CF Burden and Ways Are Needed to Ease It, Study Says on Facebook

Don’t Discriminate Against Disabilities and I Won’t Police Your Politics

Apr 26, 2019 03:00 pm | Bailey Vincent



discriminateI am not a political writer. I am a political person, don’t get me wrong. I have no shame in calling myself “political” because I think that anyone with the luxury of saying they’re not interested is someone with inherent privilege. The ability to remain apathetic about the rights and regulations of others is exactly […]
The post Don’t Discriminate Against Disabilities and I Won’t Police Your Politics appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Don’t Discriminate Against Disabilities and I Won’t Police Your Politics on Facebook
 

Recent News

I’m Thinking About the Future
CFF Awards TB Alliance $5.1M to Develop Treatments for Multidrug-resistant NTM Infections
CARSTAR Earns Fundraising Awards from Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Nonprofit Group Works to Raise Rare Disease Awareness in India
Gene Editing In Utero May Prevent Fatal Lung Diseases After Birth, Mouse Study Suggests

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario