Prevent Mosquito Bites
West Nile Virus (WNV)
Planning a trip? Do your homework before traveling.
- Pack a travel health kit. Remember insect repellent and use it to prevent mosquito bites.
- Learn about destination-specific health risks and recommendations by visiting CDC Travelers' Health website.
- See a healthcare provider familiar with travel medicine, ideally four to six weeks before your trip. Go to the Find a Clinic webpage for help in finding a travel medicine clinic near you.
- Tell your doctor about your recent international travel.
- Visit the Getting Sick after Travel webpage for more information.