Last Posted: Jan 05, 2017
- Association between family history of diabetes and cardiovascular disease and lifestyle risk factors in the United States population: The 2009-2012 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.
Akhuemonkhan Eboselume et al. Preventive medicine 2016 Dec
- Role of telomeres and associated maintenance genes in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A review.
Sethi Itty et al. Diabetes research and clinical practice 2016 Dec 12292-100
- Precision Medicine, Genomics, and Public Health
DK ARnett et al, Diabetes Care, December 2016
- The Microbiome and Risk for Obesity and Diabetes
AL Komaroff, JAMA, December 22, 2016
- Simultaneous Emergence of Multidrug-Resistant Candida auris on 3 Continents Confirmed by Whole-Genome Sequencing and Epidemiological Analyses.
Lockhart Shawn R et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2016 Oct
- The Application of Genomics in Diabetes: Barriers to Discovery and Implementation.
Floyd James S et al. Diabetes care 2016 Nov 39(11) 1858-1869
- Precision Medicine, Diabetes, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Meyer Robert J et al. Diabetes care 2016 Nov 39(11) 1874-1878
- Precision Medicine, Genomics, and Public Health.
Arnett Donna K et al. Diabetes care 2016 Nov 39(11) 1870-1873
- The Impact of Precision Medicine in Diabetes: A Multidimensional Perspective.
Rich Stephen S et al. Diabetes care 2016 Nov 39(11) 1854-1857
- Does Gene Testing Spur Healthier Habits? Maybe Not
N Bakalar, New York Times, December 2, 2016
- The Need for a Privacy Standard for Medical Devices That Transmit Protected Health Information Used in the Precision Medicine Initiative for Diabetes and Other Diseases.
Klonoff David C et al. Journal of diabetes science and technology 2016 Dec
- Variation in PCSK9 and HMGCR and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes
BA Ference et al, NEJM, November 30, 2016
- Announcement: National Family History Day - November 24, 2016.
et al. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2016 Nov 65(46) 1305
- Knowing genetic risk for diabetes may not prompt lifestyle changes: study
Globe and Mail, November 30, 2016
- Lifestyle Advice Combined with Personalized Estimates of Genetic or Phenotypic Risk of Type 2 Diabetes, and Objectively Measured Physical Activity: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
Godino Job G et al. PLoS medicine 2016 Nov 13(11) e1002185
- Lifestyle Advice Combined with Personalized Estimates of Genetic or Phenotypic Risk of Type 2 Diabetes, and Objectively Measured Physical Activity: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Godino JG et al, PLOS Medicine, November 2016
- It's Your Life. Treat Your Diabetes Well.
- Type 2 Diabetes: All in the Family?
- What's New in diabetes: Prediabetes Awareness Campaign
CDC Diabetes, January 2016
- What is Gestational Diabetes?
- The Diabetes Report Card 2014
- The Diabetes Report Card 2014
- Genome wide identification of new genes and pathways in patients with both autoimmune thyroiditis and type 1 diabetes.
Tomer Yaron et al. J. Autoimmun. 2015 Jun 6032-9
- Use of genomic panels to determine risk of developing type 2 diabetes in the general population: a targeted evidence-based review.
Palomaki Glenn E et al. Genet. Med. 2013 Aug 15(8) 600-11
- Personal history of diabetes, genetic susceptibility to diabetes, and risk of brain glioma: a pooled analysis of observational studies.
Kitahara Cari M et al. Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 2014 Jan 23(1) 47-54
- Permanent neonatal diabetes mellitus: prevalence and genetic diagnosis in the SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study.
Kanakatti Shankar Roopa et al. Pediatr Diabetes 2013 May 14(3) 174-80
- Prevalence, characteristics and clinical diagnosis of maturity onset diabetes of the young due to mutations in HNF1A, HNF4A, and glucokinase: results from the SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth.
Pihoker Catherine et al. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2013 Oct 98(10) 4055-62
[Disease: Stroke|Familial Hypercholesterolemia|Heart Disease; Type: Program; State: Multiple States]
- Statewide Screening of Fifth Graders Leads to Identification and Treatment of Those With Genetic Predisposition to Early-Onset Heart Disease
[Disease: Heart Disease|Familial Hypercholesterolemia|Stroke; Type: Data|Program; State: West Virginia]
- The Ohio Plan to Prevent Heart Disease and Stroke 2008-2012
[Disease: Heart Disease|Stroke|Familial Hypercholesterolemia; Type: Data|Policy|Program; State: Ohio]
- Ohio Department of Health Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program Take Heart: Know Your Heart Disease and Stroke Family Health History
[Disease: Stroke|Heart Disease|Familial Hypercholesterolemia; Type: Education|Tools; State: Ohio]
- Your Family History and Heart Disease[PDF 207.58 KB]
[Disease: Heart Disease|Familial Hypercholesterolemia; Type: Education|Tools; State: Oregon]
- Key-interventions derived from three evidence based guidelines for management and follow-up of patients with HFE haemochromatosis.
Published 2016 (The haemochromatosis working group) (The haemochromatosis working group)
- Identification and treatment of patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia: information and recommendations from a Middle East advisory panel.
Published 2015 (Expert panel)
- ISPAD Clinical Practice Consensus Guidelines 2014. The diagnosis and management of monogenic diabetes in children and adolescents.
Published 2015 (International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD))
- [Diagnosis and treatment of familial hypercholesterolemia in Spain: Consensus document.]
Published 2015 (Expert panel)
- ACOG committee opinion no. 527: Personalized genomic testing for disease risk.
Published 2012 (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) - Committee on Genetics)
- Vitamin D receptor gene FokI variant in diabetic foot ulcer and its relation with oxidative stress.
Gene 2017 Jan 599 87-91.
Soroush Negin, Radfar Mania, Hamidi Armita Kakavand, Abdollahi Mohammad, Qorbani Mostafa, Razi Farideh, Esfahani Ensieh Nasli, Amoli Mahsa
- [Correlation of Thrombosis and Prothrombotic State with Coagulation Factor V Gene Polymorphism and APCR. HHcy].
Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2016 Dec 24 (6): 1850-1855.
Gao Li-Xia, Ding Qiu-Lan, Wu Ke-Xiong, Hu Jun, Wang Xue-Feng, Dong Chuan-Ling, Dai Qin, Zhang Bing, Dai Jin, He Ping, Zhang Xue-Ping, Wang Yun-X
- An IFIH1 gene polymorphism associated with risk for autoimmunity regulates canonical antiviral defence pathways in Coxsackievirus infected human pancreatic islets.
Scientific reports 2016 Dec 6 39378.
Domsgen Erna, Lind Katharina, Kong Lingjia, Hühn Michael H, Rasool Omid, van Kuppeveld Frank, Korsgren Olle, Lahesmaa Riitta, Flodström-Tullberg Mal
- Association of ZFHX3 gene variation with atrial fibrillation, cerebral infarction, and lung thromboembolism: An autopsy study.
Journal of cardiology 2016 Dec .
Zaw Khin Thet Thet, Sato Noriko, Ikeda Shinobu, Thu Kaung Si, Mieno Makiko Naka, Arai Tomio, Mori Seijiro, Furukawa Tetsushi, Sasano Tetsuo, Sawabe Motoji, Tanaka Masashi, Muramatsu Masaa
- Estrogen-related receptor ? gene (ESRRG) rs1890552 A>G polymorphism in a Korean population: Association with urinary prostaglandin F2? concentration and impaired fasting glucose or newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes & metabolism 2016 Dec .
Kim M, Kim M, Yoo H J, Yun R, Lee S-H, Lee J