jueves, 11 de abril de 2019

Cystic Fibrosis News Today Weekly Digest


Cystic Fibrosis Weekly Update

Contents:

CF Patients Infected with CMV May Have Faster Disease Progression, Study Finds

Apr 10, 2019 08:40 am | Joana Carvalho



CMV and cystic fibrosisPeople with cystic fibrosis (CF) who have been infected by cytomegalovirus (CMV) are more likely to experience faster disease progression and reach end-stage lung disease compared to those who have not been infected, a study shows. Findings of the study, “Cytomegalovirus — an unrecognised potential contributor to cystic fibrosis disease progression?,” were published in the European Respiratory […]
The post CF Patients Infected with CMV May Have Faster Disease Progression, Study Findsappeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike CF Patients Infected with CMV May Have Faster Disease Progression, Study Finds on Facebook

Why I Shout My Story

Apr 09, 2019 09:00 am | Brad Dell



storyA dad at the church I attend came up to me and said his newborn daughter had been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. He looked tired; his motivation for telling me was mostly to ensure that the situation wouldn’t be a cross-infection problem (it isn’t yet, due to my transplant and her young age). I tried […]
The post Why I Shout My Story appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Why I Shout My Story on Facebook

Large Sugar Molecule Disrupts B. cepacia Bacteria from CF Patients, Study Shows

Apr 09, 2019 07:51 am | Santiago Gisler



PAAG sugar moleculeAn experimental large sugar molecule called poly (acetyl, arginyl) glucosamine, or PAAG, was able to disrupt treatment-resistant biofilms formed by Burkholderia cepacia complex bacteria extracted from patients with cystic fibrosis (CF), according to a study. The study, “In Vitro Activity of a Novel Glycopolymer against Biofilms of Burkholderia cepacia Complex Cystic Fibrosis Clinical Isolates,” was published […]
The post Large Sugar Molecule Disrupts B. cepacia Bacteria from CF Patients, Study Showsappeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Large Sugar Molecule Disrupts B. cepacia Bacteria from CF Patients, Study Shows on Facebook

Feeling Bad for Myself Is Part of Healing

Apr 08, 2019 03:00 pm | Wendy Caroline



positive, healingI have been in a huge rut for quite a while due to my health. I think people often have the perception that I’m always positive and happy. It’s probably because I often take a step back or hide when I’m not feeling so happy. Social media gives us these strange glimpses into peoples’ lives. […]
The post Feeling Bad for Myself Is Part of Healing appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Feeling Bad for Myself Is Part of Healing on Facebook
 

Recent News

Choline Supplementation Improves Lung Function, Liver Health in CF Patients, Study Shows
How Do We ‘Speak CF’ in a Way that Connects Us?
If I Were the Manic Pixie Dream Girl in My Own Sick Life
Mucus and Inflammation, Rather Than Infections, are Early Drivers of Lung Disease in CF, Study Says
3 Ways Fear and Anxiety Shaped How I Cope

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario