jueves, 3 de octubre de 2019

Topics in the CF News Today Forum That You Might Have Missed



Cystic Fibrosis News Today Weekly Forum Digest

Join the discussion! See below for the latest topics and conversations about CF taking place in our forums. Your voice is needed!

New to our forums? Register here.
 

Physical symptoms as a result of clinic anxiety?

Oct 02, 2019 07:22 am | Jenny Livingston



Replies: 0
I’ve begun noticing a pattern where I start feeling sick shortly before my clinic appointments. Sometimes, it’s stomach pain, other times I’ll think I’m at the beginning of an exacerbation. Yet, after clinic, those symptoms completely disappear! My working theory is that my clinic anxiety is manifesting itself through these physiological symptoms.
Do you get anxiety related to clinic appointments? Do you ever experience something like this?
Read More
share on TwitterLike Physical symptoms as a result of clinic anxiety? on Facebook

What’re your CF Tattoos?

Oct 01, 2019 11:53 am | Luisa Palazola



Replies: 3

Last year I got my first real tattoo. I scheduled an appointment with an artist I had followed on IG and drove 3 hours to get a my piece done by him. After him postponing my original appointment and then kinda forgetting I was coming on our rescheduled date, a resilient best friend, and some coffee: I got my piece.
I won’t leave out the special details of accidentally (or cosmically?) meeting a Brazilian man, who felt like home, and who also helped me keep this tattoo clean that night. Sometimes, things fall apart, to make way for beautiful encounters and to unveil deep connections that have always been there 🙂
Here’s that special tattoo

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Luisa Palazola (@ladilla93) on 

Read More
share on TwitterLike What’re your CF Tattoos? on Facebook

Cystic Fibrosis Summit by Proteostasis Therapeutics

Oct 01, 2019 10:36 am | Luisa Palazola



Replies: 0
Proteostasis Therapeutics or PTI Biotech is a innovative biopharmaceutical company that is helping develop novel CFTR therapies, and more innovative methods of treating CF. Their big theme is approaching CF care from all angles of a patient’s care and also from different parts of the world. I was asked to speak a little on my story with CF and what I know of access to care in Latin America. I would love for y’all to tune in!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario