Can we use genetic screening of healthy populations to save lives and prevent disease? Join the conversation.Posted on by
- What lessons can we learn from other population-screening programs including newborn screening programs?
- What would be the potential benefits, harms, and costs of an organized public health effort?
- What laboratory platforms should we use (e.g. sequencing the whole genome or selected genes only that we know lead to high risk of preventable conditions)?
- How can we ensure the quality and access of the testing process?
- What are the ethical, legal, social, financial, and economic implications of genetic screening outside the newborn context?
- What infrastructure is needed to implement population-based genetic screening?