martes, 16 de abril de 2019

Topics in the CF News Today Forum That You Might Have Missed



Cystic Fibrosis News Today Weekly Forum Digest

Join the discussion! See below for the latest topics and conversations about CF taking place in our forums. Your voice is needed!

New to our forums? Register here.
 

Traveling with CF

Apr 15, 2019 05:22 pm | Tré LaRosa



Replies: 0
Traveling with CF can be very difficult – lugging the vest, compressors, medications, and more is cumbersome and stressful.
  1. What are some of the most frustrating aspects of traveling with CF for you?
  2. What are some strategies you’ve found to help alleviate those annoying concerns?
Read More
share on TwitterLike Traveling with CF on Facebook

Adjusting after a long weekend

Apr 15, 2019 05:21 pm | Tré LaRosa



Replies: 0
I went to DC for the weekend and I am beyond exhausted. It’s hard to get readjusted for me.

  1. What are some steps you take to readjust?
  2. What qualifies as a long weekend for you?
Read More
share on TwitterLike Adjusting after a long weekend on Facebook

Choline Supplementation Improves Lung Function in People with CF

Apr 15, 2019 04:52 am | Cystic Fibrosis News Moderator



Replies: 0
Click here to read about choline supplementation and how it may work as a potential treatment strategy to improve lung function and liver health in people with cystic fibrosis.
Have you tried or considered choline supplementation?
Read More
share on TwitterLike Choline Supplementation Improves Lung Function in People with CF on Facebook

My “Miracle” CF Medication Isn’t Living Up to the Hype

Apr 15, 2019 04:51 am | Cystic Fibrosis News Moderator



Replies: 0
Elizabeth Rogers had a lot of hope for the CF modulators Orkambi and Symdeko, which had the internet abuzz. Unfortunately, they simply didn’t work for her. Read more about Elizabeth’s experience with these “miracle” drugs here.
Have you ever tried Orkambi and/or Symdeko? If so, did it work for you? What other drugs have you tried that didn’t live up to their hype?
Read More
share on TwitterLike My “Miracle” CF Medication Isn’t Living Up to the Hype on Facebook

Careers and Impact of CF

Apr 15, 2019 03:32 am | Luisa Palazola



Replies: 0
Does Having CF Affect a Career Negatively or Positively?

CF News Today reached out to our community on Facebook and asked about job situations for people with CF, and columnist Elly Aylwin-Foster reflected of the vast array of answers we received. But, asks the question, what would I be like without having CF?
For me personally, I don’t know where I’d be. CF defines and influences so many of my career goals, and more importantly, my passions. Perhaps if CF were to magically vanish, and I could continue life (without the lung damage) I think I’d certainly go back to school and pursue a Master’s and pHD, with a little more ease.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Careers and Impact of CF on Facebook

Harsh Realities

Apr 12, 2019 12:25 pm | Luisa Palazola



Replies: 0
I was sifting through my emails and somehow ended up in May 2010, and I immediately saw an email from the old site CF networking, CysticLife. I saw I had gotten a notification from an old friend with CF through there, and then I realized I hadn’t heard from her in, well, years.
I sifted through Facebook to see if I could find her, but was unsuccessful. With friends without CF or normies (able bodied people), you kinda accept you lost touch with them. But, with old CF friends, there’s the real and tangible reality, that they may have passed away. Perhaps she is doing well and thriving, I hope so. But, I don’t know.
It’s strange coming to that realization, and it makes me feel weird about my own reality and my own future. Have you come across this feeling?
Read More
share on TwitterLike Harsh Realities on Facebook

Modulating Reality

Apr 12, 2019 12:13 pm | Luisa Palazola



Replies: 0
CFTR modulators are a huge hype for the CF community, but sometimes people don’t feel or see the vast change in health that they expect. This has been the reality \for patient columnist, Elizabeth Rogers, which felt isolating. Have you had high expectations for modulators and found a different reality? Click here for the full column.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Modulating Reality on Facebook

Mutations!

Apr 12, 2019 01:29 am | Tré LaRosa



Replies: 0
I’m curious to see the diversity of mutations we have in the forums.
  1. What is your fist mutation?
  2. Second variant?
  3. When were you diagnosed?
  4. Are your mutations rare?
  5. Any other comments.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Mutations! on Facebook

Sinusitis, Polyps, and Sinus Pain

Apr 12, 2019 01:27 am | Tré LaRosa



Replies: 0
  1. Do you have sinusitis? What about polyps?
  2. What is your sinus regimen? Steam, rinises?
  3. How often do you have to visit your ENT doc?
Read More
share on TwitterLike Sinusitis, Polyps, and Sinus Pain on Facebook

Clinical Trial Experiences

Apr 11, 2019 05:03 pm | Tré LaRosa



Replies: 0
  1. Have you participated in clinical trials? Why or why not?
  2. What kind have you participated in?
  3. What is some feedback you have for those trials?
  4. Do you feel like your clinic keeps you in the know about upcoming trials?
Read More

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario