March 22nd is National Lynch Syndrome Awareness Day!
What is Lynch Syndrome?
Why is it Important to Know if You Have Lynch Syndrome?
- Starting screening at a younger age
- Getting screened more frequently
- Using colonoscopy only instead of other tests
How Do You Know if You Have Lynch Syndrome?
- Were diagnosed with colorectal cancer;
- Were diagnosed with endometrial cancer (especially before 50);
- Have several family members with cancers associated with Lynch syndrome; or
- Have a family member with Lynch syndrome.
- Colorectal Cancer, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Lynch Syndrome, Genetics Home Reference, U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Cancer Genetic Services Directory, National Cancer Institute
- Find-A-Counselor, National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Have You or a Family Member Had Colorectal (Colon) Cancer?