Last Posted: Sep 27, 2018
- The DNA detectives who are hunting the causes of cancer
K Arney, Mosaic, CNN, September 25, 2018
- New Study Explains Why Genetic Mutations Cause Disease in Some People but Not in Others
Columbia Systems Biology News, August 2018
- Nature, Nurture, and Cancer Risks: Genetic and Nutritional Contributions to Cancer.
Theodoratou Evropi et al. Annual review of nutrition 2017 Aug 293-320
- Breast cancer family history leads to early breast cancer detection and optimal management.
Jannot Anne-Sophie et al. Cancer causes & control : CCC 2017 Jul
- Game of chance: Are most cancers linked to nothing more than bad luck?
M Knight, June 1, 2017, Genetic Literacy Project
- Random Mutations Play Major Role in Cancer
NIH Director Blog, April 4,2017
- No, We Cant Say Whether Cancer Is Mostly Bad Luck How some media outlets magnified the problems with a controversial new paper
Ed Yong, the Atlantic. March 2017
- DNA typos to blame for most cancer mutations Environment and heredity might not contribute as much to cancer risk as researchers thought.
H Ledford, Nature News, March 2017
- New study finds that most cancer mutations are due to random DNA copying mistakes
Science Magazine, March 2017
- Cancer Is Partly Caused By Bad Luck, Study Finds
NPR Health, March 23, 2017