Last Posted: Jan 28, 2019
- These Patients Had Sickle-Cell Disease. Experimental Therapies Might Have Cured Them.
G Kolata, NY Times, January 27, 2019
- Association of Matched Sibling Donor Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation With Transcranial Doppler Velocities in Children With Sickle Cell Anemia.
Bernaudin Françoise et al. JAMA 2019 Jan (3) 266-276
- Matched Sibling Donor Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation to Prevent Stroke in Children With Sickle Cell Anemia.
Kwiatkowski Janet L et al. JAMA 2019 Jan (3) 251-252
- Burden of Sickle Cell Disease in Ghana: The Korle-Bu Experience.
Asare Eugenia V et al. Advances in hematology 2018 20186161270
- Self-management recommendations for sickle cell disease: A Ghanaian health professionals' perspective.
Druye Andrews et al. Health science reports 2018 Nov 1(11) e88
- Hydroxyurea - An Essential Medicine for Sickle Cell Disease in Africa.
Luzzatto Lucio et al. The New England journal of medicine 2019 Jan (2) 187-189
- Hydroxyurea for Children with Sickle Cell Anemia in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Tshilolo Léon et al. The New England journal of medicine 2019 Jan (2) 121-131
- Sickle cell disease (SCD) community is hopeful that genome editing will rechart course of the disease
J Mjoseth, NHGRI, January 2019
- A CRISPR focus on attitudes and beliefs toward somatic genome editing from stakeholders within the sickle cell disease community.
Persaud Anitra et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2018 Dec
- The global burden of sickle cell disease in children under five years of age: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Wastnedge Elizabeth et al. Journal of global health 2018 Dec 8(2) 021103