miércoles, 21 de agosto de 2019

Cystic Fibrosis News Today Weekly Digest

Cystic Fibrosis Weekly Update

Contents:

Trained Sniffer Dogs Can Detect Key CF Bacteria, Study Shows

Aug 21, 2019 07:00 am | Patricia Inacio, PhD



Pseudomonas aeruginosaTrained sniffer dogs are able to detect Pseudomonas aeruginosa, the most common bacteria found in people with cystic fibrosis (CF), in liquid cultures even at very low concentrations, a study shows. This potentially could be useful for detecting infections earlier in CF patients — and without the need for more invasive tests, researchers say. Findings […]
The post Trained Sniffer Dogs Can Detect Key CF Bacteria, Study Shows appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike Trained Sniffer Dogs Can Detect Key CF Bacteria, Study Shows on Facebook

I’m Worried Sick About My Family

Aug 20, 2019 03:00 pm | Bailey Vincent



familyAt night I lie awake and I worry about you. I worry if you’ll drive home safely that night. If the ache in your chest is really a ticking time bomb, rather than a proton pump inhibitor problem known by most. I worry because I love, and I love because I worry. I see the […]
The post I’m Worried Sick About My Family appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike I’m Worried Sick About My Family on Facebook

S. aureus Bacteria Seen to Lose Resistance to Antibiotics When Combined with Rhamnolipids

Aug 20, 2019 08:00 am | Steve Bryson PhD



bacteria and resistanceMolecules used by a bacterial species against other microbes, called rhamnolipids, can bolster the ability of a standard antibiotic to penetrate treatment-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus by essentially making holes in the membrane of its cells, a new study confirms. The study, “Chemical Induction of Aminoglycoside Uptake Overcomes Antibiotic Tolerance and Resistance in Staphylococcus aureus,” was […]
The post S. aureus Bacteria Seen to Lose Resistance to Antibiotics When Combined with Rhamnolipids appeared first on Cystic Fibrosis News Today.
Read More
share on TwitterLike S. aureus Bacteria Seen to Lose Resistance to Antibiotics When Combined with Rhamnolipids on Facebook

Recent News

Why the CF Community Should Be Concerned About Climate Change
Nebraska’s Neena Nizar Seeks Cure for Jansen’s, One of World’s Rarest Diseases
Kalydeco Offers Better Quality of Life, Eased CF Symptoms, Patients Report
I Can’t Visualize My Video Game Characters Without Cystic Fibrosis
High Liver Enzyme Levels Linked to Risk of CF-Related Diabetes, Especially in Men, Study Finds

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario