Last Posted: Dec 26, 2019
- Malaria-carrying mosquitoes get a leg up on insecticides
Nature News, December 25, 2019
- High-resolution micro-epidemiology of parasite spatial and temporal dynamics in a high malaria transmission setting in Kenya.
Nelson Cody S et al. Nature communications 2019 Dec (1) 5615
- Multiplex malaria antigen detection by bead-based assay and molecular confirmation by PCR shows no evidence of Pfhrp2 and Pfhrp3 deletion in Haiti.
Herman Camelia et al. Malaria journal 2019 Nov (1) 380
- Malaria parasites fine-tune mutations to resist drugs
L Tilley et al,Nature, November 27, 2019
- A novel metabarcoded DNA sequencing tool for the detection of Plasmodium species in malaria positive patients
A Wahab et al, BIORXIV, November 201
- Resurrection of the ancestral RH5 invasion ligand provides a molecular explanation for the origin of P. falciparum malaria in humans.
Galaway Francis et al. PLoS biology 2019 Oct (10) e3000490
- Genetic diversity and drug resistance surveillance of Plasmodium falciparum for malaria elimination: is there an ideal tool for resource-limited sub-Saharan Africa?
Apinjoh Tobias O et al. Malaria journal 2019 Jun (1) 217
- Is Crispr the Next Antibiotic?
K Sheikh, NY Times, October 2019
- Advances in omics-based methods to identify novel targets for malaria and other parasitic protozoan infections
AN Cowell et al, Genome Medicine, October 22, 2019
- See A Controversial Swarm Of Genetically Modified Mosquitoes In A Lab In Italy
NPR, October 20. 2019