Plan Healthy Meals
Why Fruits and Veggies?
Is My Family Getting Enough?
- Making a rainbow of different colored foods on your child’s plate. Add a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
- Planning your family meals together. Teach your children about food selection, preparation, and basic cooking.
- Adding variety to the meals you make. Find new, healthy recipes that work for your family and lifestyle.
- Before your next trip to the grocery store, consider the foods you have on hand.
- Buy only what can be eaten within a few days or frozen.
- If you have leftovers, think of ways to use them later in the week.
- Try cooking healthy recipes that you can portion out into a few meals and store in your fridge or freezer.
A Healthy Community
- At Childcare
We help early care and education providers meet national nutrition standards.
- In School
We promote healthy eating in schools, including making salad bars more available.
- At Work
We make it easier to eat well at work, by developing healthy food service guidelines.[3.35 MB]
- Community food retail stores
We support states and communities to increase healthier food options in grocery stores, farmers’ markets, and other retailers.[2.49 MB]