Can Genetic Risk Scores Score a Win for Precision Prevention? Time and Rigorous Studies Will TellPosted on by
So what are genetic risk scores and what is the fuss about them for clinical and public health practice?
The potential public health impact of GRS can be large.
Selected Recent Reviews and Commentaries
- R. Roberts. Genetic Risk Stratification- Tipping Point for Global Primary Prevention of Coronary Artery Disease , Circulation. 2018;137:2554-2556.
- A. Torkamani, et al. The personal and clinical utility of polygenic risk scores. Nature Reviews Genetics May 2018
- L. Hercher. Genome Culture: A Personal Risk Score May Be the Next Big Thing in Genetic Medicine , Genome Magazine, April 2018
- J.W. Knowles, et al. Cardiovascular disease: The rise of the genetic risk score. PLoS Medicine 2018 Mar 15(3) e1002546
- K. Beaney, et al. How close are we to implementing a genetic risk score for coronary heart disease? Expert review of molecular diagnostics 2017 Oct 17(10) 905-915
- S. Mistry, et al. The use of polygenic risk scores to identify phenotypes associated with genetic risk of bipolar disorder and depression: A systematic review. Journal of affective disorders. 2018 Jul;234:148-155.