Last Posted: Jan 04, 2019
- Sickle cell disease (SCD) community is hopeful that genome editing will rechart course of the disease
J Mjoseth, NHGRI, January 2019
- A CRISPR focus on attitudes and beliefs toward somatic genome editing from stakeholders within the sickle cell disease community.
Persaud Anitra et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2018 Dec
- The global burden of sickle cell disease in children under five years of age: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Wastnedge Elizabeth et al. Journal of global health 2018 Dec 8(2) 021103
- Parental awareness of newborn bloodspot screening in Ireland.
Fitzpatrick Patricia et al. Irish journal of medical science 2018 Dec
- To test or not: occurrence of sickle cell trait and assessment of the awareness toward its screening among patients attending Magale Health Center IV, Namisindwa District, Eastern Uganda.
Mandu Keneth et al. Journal of blood medicine 2018 9219-225
- Importance of health guidance for family members of children with sickle cell disease.
Figueiredo Sarah Vieira et al. Revista brasileira de enfermagem 71(6) 2974-2982
- Rapid Detection of Fetal Mendelian Disorders: Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Syndromes.
Traeger-Synodinos Joanne et al. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) 2019 1885207-219
- The current state of sickle cell trait: implications for reproductive and genetic counseling.
Pecker Lydia H et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2018 Nov 2018(1) 474-481
- White Paper: Pathways to Progress in Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Hsu Lewis et al. Journal of tropical diseases & public health 2018 6(2) 260
- Capacity building and networking to make newborn screening for sickle cell disease a reality in Haiti.
Saint Fleur Rony et al. Blood advances 2018 Nov 2(Suppl 1) 54-55