Last Posted: May 11, 2017
- Genomic Sequencing for the Healthy Individual?: Think Smaller
JAMA Podcast, May 9, 2017
- Diet and exercise changes following direct-to-consumer personal genomic testing
DE Nielsen et al, BMC Medical Genomics, May 2, 2017
- Direct-to-consumer genetic tests are a turning point for precision medicine, analysts say
E Sweeney, Fierce Healthcare, May 1, 2017
- Dear Jeanie: Whole Genome Sequencing
NSGC Blog post, April 2017
- Using Next-Generation Sequencing to Explore Genetics and Race in the High School Classroom.
Yang Xinmiao et al. CBE life sciences education 2017 16(2)
- Direct to Consumer Genetic Testing: Think Before You Spit, 2017 Edition!
MJ Khoury, CDC Blog Post, April 18, 2017
- Psychological and behavioural impact of returning personal results from whole-genome sequencing: the HealthSeq project.
Sanderson Saskia C et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2017 Feb 25(3) 280-292
- Genetic Counselors and You Webinar Series: Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Tests
My genecounsel, April 17, 2017
- F.D.A. Will Allow 23andMe to Sell Genetic Tests for Disease Risk to Consumers
G Kolata, New York Times, April 2017
- You Look Good in Those Genes- Genetic tests can spell out your risk of getting certain diseases. But could that info do more harm than good?
Research 2 Reality, April 13, 2017
- Before you send your spit to 23andMe, what you need to know
S Begley, Stat News, April 7, 2017
- FDA approves sale of genetic tests for risk of Alzheimers and other diseases
M. Keshavan, StatNews, April 6, 2017
- FDA allows marketing of first direct-to-consumer tests that provide genetic risk information for certain conditions
FDA Press Release, April 6, 2017
- Does personal genome testing drive service utilization in an adult preventive medicine clinic?
Hoang Ny et al. Journal of community genetics 2017 Apr
- Personal utility in genomic testing: a systematic literature review.
Kohler Jennefer N et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2017 Mar
- Health behaviors not significantly changed by direct-to-consumer genetic testing.
Barton Mary Kay et al. CA: a cancer journal for clinicians 2017 Mar