Announcement: Special CDC-NIH Collaborative Webinar
Precision Medicine and Health Disparities: The Promise and Perils of Emerging Technologies
October 11, 2017: 3:00-4:00 pm EDT
Professor and former Chair, Department of Bioethics and Humanities, University of Washington Adjunct Professor of Medicine (in the Division of Medical Genetics) Member of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Genomics, Health Disparities, and Missed Opportunities for the Nation’s Research Agenda. West KM, Blacksher E, Burke W. JAMA. 2017 May 9;317(18):1831-1832.
- The African diaspora: history, adaptation and health. Rotimi CN, Tekola-Ayele F, Baker JL, Shriner D. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2016 Dec;41:77-84.
- Will Precision Medicine Improve Population Health? Khoury MJ, Galea S. JAMA. 2016 Oct 4;316(13):1357-1358.
- Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Genomic Sequencing. Spratt DE, Chan T, Waldron L, Speers C, Feng FY, Ogunwobi OO, Osborne JR. JAMA Oncol. 2016 Aug 1;2(8):1070-4.
- The contribution of genomic research to explaining racial disparities in cardiovascular disease: a systematic review. Kaufman JS, Dolman L, Rushani D, Cooper RS. Am J Epidemiol. 2015 Apr 1;181(7):464-72.
- Genomics is failing on diversity. Popejoy AB, Fullerton SM. Nature. 2016 Oct 13;538(7624):161-164.