Last Posted: Jun 15, 2017
- Just Small Genetic Tweaks To Chinese Bird Flu Virus Could Fuel A Human Pandemic
NPR, June 15, 2017
- Three mutations could make bird flu a potential pandemic: study
Reuters Health, June 15, 2017
- A novel twelve class fluctuation test reveals higher than expected mutation rates for influenza A viruses.
Pauly Matthew D et al. eLife 2017 Jun
- Rapid tests for influenza, respiratory syncytial virus, and other respiratory viruses: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Bruning AH, et al. Clin Infect Dis, May 17, 2017.
- Frequency of respiratory virus infections and next-generation analysis of influenza A/H1N1pdm09 dynamics in the lower respiratory tract of patients admitted to the ICU.
Piralla Antonio et al. PloS one 2017 (6) e0178926
- Sensitive diagnostics confirm that influenza C is an uncommon cause of medically attended respiratory illness in adults.
Nesmith Natalie et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2017 May
- Molecular Evolution and Emergence of H5N6 Avian Influenza Virus in Central China.
Du Yingying et al. Journal of virology 2017 Jun (12)
- Molecular characterization of Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections in two rural populations of Thailand from 2009-2012.
Whistler Toni et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2017 May
- IFITM3, TLR3, and CD55 Genes SNPs and Cumulative Ge-netic Risks for Severe Outcomes in Chinese Patients with H7N9 / H1N1pdm09 Influenza.
Lee Nelson et al. The Journal of infectious diseases 2017 May
- Deep sequencing of H7N8 avian influenza viruses from surveillance zone supports H7N8 high pathogenicity avian influenza was limited to a single outbreak farm in Indiana during 2016.
Lee Dong-Hun et al. Virology 2017 Apr 216-219
- Global epidemiology of non-influenza RNA respiratory viruses: data gaps and a growing need for surveillance.
Tang Julian W et al. The Lancet. Infectious diseases 2017 Apr
- Molecular epidemiology of influenza A(H1N1)PDM09 hemagglutinin gene circulating in São Paulo State , Brazil: 2016 anticipated influenza season.
Santos Katia Corrêa de Oliveira et al. Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de Sao Paulo 2017 Apr 59e9
- Low Pathogenic Influenza A Viruses in North American Diving Ducks Contribute to the Emergence of a Novel Highly Pathogenic Influenza A(H7N8) Virus.
Xu Yifei et al. Journal of virology 2017 Feb
- Characterization of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Virus A(H5N6), Japan, November 2016.
Okamatsu Masatoshi et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2017 Apr (4) 691-695
- Integrating Patient And Whole Genome Sequencing Data To Provide Insights Into The Epidemiology Of Seasonal Influenza A(H3N2) Viruses
Goldstein EJ, et al. bioRxiv, Mar 28, 2017.
- Reassortment of Influenza A Viruses in Wild Birds in Alaska before H5 Clade 18.104.22.168 Outbreaks.
Hill Nichola J et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2017 Apr (4) 654-657