Cascade Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia
This week, we highlight a new JAMA article on cascade screening and genetic testing for familial hypercholesterolemia. Read our new blog post.
For additional information on familial hypercholesterolemia and public health, search our public health genomics knowledge base.
Last Posted: Jul 28, 2017
- Family Screening for FH and the Use of Genetic Testing
The FH Foundation, July 27, 2017
- Cascade Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia and the Use of Genetic Testing.
Knowles Joshua W et al. JAMA 2017 Jul 318(4) 381-382
- Cascade Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia in the United States: Public Health Impact and Challenges
JW Knowles et al, CDC Blog, July 25, 2017
- How Studying Familial Hypercholesterolemia Resulted in the Discovery of Statins as an Effective Treatment for High Cholesterol
JAMA Podcast, July 25, 2017
- The Cost-effectiveness of Genetic Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia: a Systematic Review.
Rosso A et al. Annali di igiene : medicina preventiva e di comunita 29(5) 464-480
- Evaluation of clinical and laboratory parameters used in the identification of index cases for genetic screening of familial hypercholesterolemia in Brazil.
Silva Pãmela R S et al. Atherosclerosis 2017 Jun 263257-262
- Statins for children with inherited high blood cholesterol
VA Kuoppola et al, Cochrane reviews, July 7, 2017
- Long-Term Cardiovascular Risk in Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Relatives Identified by Cascade Screening
Kasper Aalbæk Kjærgaard, et al, JAHA June 26, 2017
- Putting Into Perspective the Hazards of Untreated Familial Hypercholesterolemia
PN Hopkins, JAHA, June 26, 2017
- Long-Term Cardiovascular Risk in Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Relatives Identified by Cascade Screening.
Kjærgaard Kasper Aalbæk et al. Journal of the American Heart Association 2017 Jun 6(6)
- PCSK9 inhibitor access barriers-issues and recommendations: Improving the access process for patients, clinicians and payers.
Baum Seth J et al. Clinical cardiology 2017 Apr 40(4) 243-254
- Putting Into Perspective the Hazards of Untreated Familial Hypercholesterolemia.
Hopkins Paul N et al. Journal of the American Heart Association 2017 Jun 6(6)
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease in patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia: The role of PCSK9 inhibitors.
Pecin Ivan et al. European journal of preventive cardiology 2017 Jan 2047487317717346
- Polygenic Versus Monogenic Causes of Hypercholesterolemia Ascertained Clinically.
Wang Jian et al. Arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, and vascular biology 2016 Dec 36(12) 2439-2445
- Greater preclinical atherosclerosis in treated monogenic familial hypercholesterolemia vs. polygenic hypercholesterolemia.
Sharifi Mahtab et al. Atherosclerosis 2017 May
- When do paediatric patients with familial hypercholesterolemia need statin therapy?
Hennig Matylda et al. Developmental period medicine 2017 21(1) 43-50
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario