- FDA approves new treatment for sickle cell disease First approval for this rare blood disorder in nearly 20 years
- Personal Foul? Many issues, from discrimination to cost, surround the NCAA requirement for sickle cell trait testing in college athletes.
L Biel, Genome Magazine, July 2017
- Neonatal screening improves sickle cell disease clinical outcome in Belgium.
Lê Phu-Quoc et al. Journal of medical screening 2017 Jan 969141317701166
- The Benefits and Challenges of Preconsent in a Multisite, Pediatric Sickle Cell Intervention Trial.
Nimmer Mark et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2016 Sep 63(9) 1649-52
- Sickle Cell Disease in the Emergency Department: Confronting Barriers to Care
sábado, 15 de julio de 2017
Sickle Cell Disease and Public Health [NEW TOPIC PAGE]
Share our new factsheet, “Do you use the emergency department for care of sickle cell disease? What to know before you go” with your friends and family. We will share messages about SCD in the ED on Twitter. We invite you to follow, re-post, and re-tweet @CDC_NCBDDD! For more information please visit the SCD web site.
From From Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database
This database includes published scientific literature on evidence-based translation of genomic discoveries into improved health care and disease prevention that have a potential impact on population health.