Celebrate National DNA Day on April 25th!
- DNA Day Teaching Tools and Student Contests Whether you're a teacher who wants to help your students learn more about DNA or a scientist who needs ideas for how to talk to students in your community about genetics, visit the National DNA Day website for helpful resources. Modules for classroom outreach, lesson plans, and educational videos on scientific topics and experiments are among the many resources listed. Teachers: there are even contests where your students can show off what they've learned!
- @DNAday on Twitter Follow @DNAday on Twitter to find out the latest news about National DNA Day.
- #DNADay17 Twitter Chat Join the #DNADay17 discussion on April 25 at 1 p.m. EDT as genomics research and education programs discuss careers, technology, research and other current topics in genomics.
- American Society of Human Genetics' DNA Day Essay Contest for High School Students Read selections from winning essays on use of gene therapy to treat diseases or conditions.
- The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of Natural History Presentation If you’re in the Washington, D.C. area, attend the DNA Day Human Origins Today (HOT) topic presentation by Dr. Dayna Dreger on April 28 at 4 p.m.