Are there any shortcuts on the translation highway to genomic medicine?Posted on by
- Define genetic test scenarios on the basis of the clinical setting, the purpose of the test, the population, the outcomes of interest, and comparable alternative methods.
- For each genetic test scenario, conduct an initial structured assessment to determine whether the test should be covered, denied, or subject to additional evaluation.
- Conduct or support evidence-based systematic reviews for genetic test scenarios that require additional evaluation.
- Conduct or support a structured decision process to produce clinical guidance for a genetic test scenario.
- Publicly share resulting decisions and justification about evaluated genetic test scenarios, and retain decisions in a repository.
- Implement timely review and revision of decisions on the basis of new data.
- Identify evidence gaps to be addressed by research.