Last Posted: Apr 19, 2017
- CDC Recommendations for Diagnosing and Managing Shigella Strains with Possible Reduced Susceptibility to Ciprofloxacin
- Whole genome sequencing of Shigella sonnei through PulseNet Latin America and Caribbean: advancing global surveillance of foodborne illnesses.
Baker Kate Susan et al. Clinical microbiology and infection : the official publication of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2017 Apr
- Identification of Escherichia coli and Shigella species from whole genome sequences.
Chattaway Marie A et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Dec
- Recent Outbreaks of Shigellosis in California Caused by Two Distinct Populations of Shigella sonnei with either Increased Virulence or Fluoroquinolone Resistance.
Kozyreva Varvara K et al. mSphere (6)
- Multiple- locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis (MLVA) of Shigella sonnei isolates of 2012 outbreak I. R. Iran.
Bakhshi Bita et al. Microbial pathogenesis 2016 Nov 69-73
- ESBL-Producing and Macrolide-Resistant Shigella sonnei Infections among Men Who Have Sex with Men, England, 2015.
Mook Piers et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2016 Nov (11) 1948-1952
- Use of quantitative molecular diagnostic methods to identify causes of diarrhoea in children: a reanalysis of the GEMS case-control study.
Liu Jie et al. Lancet (London, England) 2016 Sep 388(10051) 1291-301
- Global phylogeography and evolutionary history of Shigella dysenteriae type 1.
Njamkepo Elisabeth et al. Nature microbiology 2016 116027
- Travel- and Community-Based Transmission of Multidrug-Resistant Shigella sonnei Lineage among International Orthodox Jewish Communities.
Baker Kate S et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2016 Sep (9) 1545-53
- Emergence of Plasmid-Borne dfrA14 Trimethoprim Resistance Gene in Shigella sonnei.
Miranda Alfonso et al. Frontiers in cellular and infection microbiology 2016 77
- South Asia as a Reservoir for the Global Spread of Ciprofloxacin-Resistant Shigella sonnei: A Cross-Sectional Study
The HC, et al. PLoS Med, Aug 2, 2016.
- Global phylogeography and evolutionary history of Shigella dysenteriae type 1
Njamkepo E, et al. Nat Microbiol, Mar 21, 2016.
- The genomic signatures of Shigella evolution, adaptation and geographical spread.
The Hao Chung et al. Nature reviews. Microbiology 2016 Apr (4) 235-50
- Development of a Flow Cytometry-Based Method for Rapid Detection of Escherichia coli and Shigella Spp. Using an Oligonucleotide Probe.
Xue Yong et al. PloS one 2016 (2) e0150038
- Phylogenetic Analyses of Shigella and Enteroinvasive Escherichia coli for the Identification of Molecular Epidemiological Markers: Whole-Genome Comparative Analysis Does Not Support Distinct Genera Designation.
Pettengill Emily A et al. Frontiers in microbiology 2015 1573
- Species-wide whole genome sequencing reveals historical global spread and recent local persistence in Shigella flexneri.
Connor Thomas R et al. Elife 2015