Last Posted: Apr 13, 2017
- AMD Project: Detecting Changing Parasites
Using AMD methods to develop tools to detect changes in parasites that cause malaria
- Dissecting malaria biology and epidemiology using population genetics and genomics.
Auburn Sarah et al. International journal for parasitology 2017 Feb (2-3) 77-85
- Malaria Genomics in the Era of Eradication.
Neafsey Daniel E et al. Cold Spring Harbor perspectives in medicine 2017 Apr
- Defining the next generation of Plasmodium vivax diagnostic tests for control and elimination: Target product profiles.
Ding Xavier C et al. PLoS neglected tropical diseases 2017 Apr 11(4) e0005516
- Impact of introduction of rapid diagnostic tests for malaria on antibiotic prescribing: analysis of observational and randomised studies in public and private healthcare settings.
Hopkins Heidi et al. BMJ (Clinical research ed.) 2017 Mar j1054
- Histidine-rich protein 2 (pfhrp2) and pfhrp3 gene deletions in Plasmodium falciparum isolates from select sites in Brazil and Bolivia.
Rachid Viana Giselle Maria et al. PloS one 2017 12(3) e0171150
- Three Divergent Subpopulations of the Malaria Parasite Plasmodium knowlesi.
Divis Paul C S et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2017 Apr (4) 616-624
- Molecular Evidence of Drug Resistance in Asymptomatic Malaria Infections, Myanmar, 2015.
Nyunt Myat Htut et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2017 Mar (3) 517-520
- A Feast of Malaria Parasite Genomes.
Carlton Jane M et al. Cell host & microbe 2017 Mar (3) 310-312
- Time for Genome Editing: Next-Generation Attenuated Malaria Parasites.
Singer Mirko et al. Trends in parasitology 2017 Mar (3) 202-213
- In a remote West African village, a revolutionary genetic experiment is on its way if residents agree to it
I Swetlitz, StatNews, March 2017
- Tools for attenuation of gene expression in malaria parasites.
Shaw Philip J et al. International journal for parasitology 2017 Jan
- Population genetic structure and adaptation of malaria parasites on the edge of endemic distribution.
Duffy Craig W et al. Molecular ecology 2017 Feb
- First Full Draft Genome Sequence of Plasmodium brasilianum.
Talundzic Eldin et al. Genome announcements 2017 Feb 5(6)
- Efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine, artesunate-amodiaquine, and dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine for treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Angola, 2015.
Plucinski Mateusz M et al. Malaria journal 2017 Feb 16(1) 62
- Genomic Footprints of Selective Sweeps from Metabolic Resistance to Pyrethroids in African Malaria Vectors Are Driven by Scale up of Insecticide-Based Vector Control.
Barnes Kayla G et al. PLoS genetics 2017 Feb (2) e1006539