Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Database|AMD Clips|PHGKB
Publication Date: Jun 29, 2017
About Advanced Molecular Detection Clips
Clips are selected weekly from a variety of sources, including PubMed, journal tables of contents, and online media. Special emphasis is given to the use of next-generation genetic sequencing in infectious disease public health surveillance, investigation, and development of new diagnostics and interventions. The collection is not comprehensive but aims to capture highlights, while surveying a wide range of topics. CDC-authored articles are flagged. Items marked I&E address aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice.
Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Content
- Tests for Lyme disease miss many early cases but a new approach could help
Caruso C. STAT, Jun 28, 2017.
- Modified viruses deliver death to antibiotic-resistant bacteria
Reardon S. Nature, Jun 21, 2017.
- New colistin resistance gene identified in China
Dall C. CIDRAP, Jun 28, 2017.
- Consortium Builds Tuberculosis Genome Database in Move Toward NGS-Based Diagnostics
Heger M. GenomeWeb, Jun 23, 2017.
- Study Validates Single-Gene Biomarker That Discriminates Between Influenza and Bacterial Infections
GenomeWeb, Jun 28, 2017.
- Genetic analysis of H7N9 finds adaptations, clade patterns
Schnirring L. CIDRAP, Jun 26, 2017.
- USDA: Environmental spread, multiple entries likely fueled US H7N9 outbreaks
Schnirring L. CIDRAP, Jun 23, 2017.
- 2015 measles outbreak in Canada traced to unique genotype
Healio, Jun 26, 2017.
- Avoiding CRISPR-Mediated Gene-DriveEvolved Resistance in Mosquitoes
GEN News, Jun 28, 2017.
EVENTS / TRAINING / WEB RESOURCES
EVOLUTION / ECOLOGY / POPULATIONS
PATHOGENICITY / ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE
EPIDEMIOLOGY / OUTBREAKS / TRANSMISSION
- Environmental sampling coupled with real-time PCR and genotyping to investigate the source of a Q fever outbreak in a work setting.
Hurtado A et al. Epidemiology and infection 2017 Jul (9) 1834-1842
- A nationwide outbreak of listeriosis associated with cold-cuts, Sweden 2013-2014.
Dahl Viktor et al. Infection ecology & epidemiology 2017 (1) 1324232
- Genomic investigation of a suspected outbreak of Legionella pneumophila ST82 reveals undetected heterogeneity by the present gold-standard methods, Denmark, July to November 2014
Schjørring S, et al. Eurosurveillance, Jun 22, 2017.
- Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Anatum Infections Linked to Imported Hot Peppers United States, MayJuly 2016
Hassan R, et al. MMWR, Jun 30, 2017.
- Late-Onset Infant Group B Streptococcus Infection Associated with Maternal Consumption of Capsules Containing Dehydrated Placenta Oregon, 2016
Busers GL, et al. MMWR, Jun 30, 2017.
Note: indicates that at least one CDC-affiliated author; indicates that the article addresses aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice.
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Advanced Molecular Detection Clips are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the scientific literature and news. Inclusion in the clips does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the Clips, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario