Have You or a Family Member Had Colorectal (Colon) Cancer?
Why is it Important to Know Your Family Health History?
- start screening at a younger age,
- get screened more frequently,
- use colonoscopy only instead of other tests, and
- in some cases, have genetic counseling.
What is Lynch Syndrome and Why is it Important to Know if You Have it?
- You were diagnosed with colorectal cancer in the past
- You have been diagnosed with endometrial cancer (especially before age 50)
- You have several family members with colorectal or other cancers associated with Lynch syndrome
- You have a family member with Lynch syndrome