Last Posted: Dec 01, 2017
- Protect Children this Flu Season: Get a Flu Shot!
Some children are at high risk for complications from flu
- Chasing Seasonal Influenza The Need for a Universal Influenza Vaccine
Paules CI, et al. New Engl J Med, Nov 29, 2017.
- Multiple Reassorted Viruses as Cause of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A(H5N8) Virus Epidemic, the Netherlands, 2016.
Beerens Nancy et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2017 Dec (12) 1974-1981
- Predictive Modeling of Influenza Shows the Promise of Applied Evolutionary Biology.
Morris Dylan H et al. Trends in microbiology 2017 Oct
- Evolution-informed forecasting of seasonal influenza A (H3N2).
Du Xiangjun et al. Science translational medicine 2017 Oct (413)
- Fitness cost of reassortment in human influenza.
Villa Mara et al. PLoS pathogens 2017 Nov (11) e1006685
- The emergence and evolution of influenza A (H1α) viruses in swine in Canada and the United States.
Nelson Martha I et al. The Journal of general virology 2017 Nov (11) 2663-2675
- Detection of influenza C viruses among outpatients and patients hospitalized for severe acute respiratory infection, Minnesota, 2013-2016.
Thielen Beth K et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2017 Oct
- Whole genome sequencing identifies influenza A H3N2 transmission and offers superior resolution to classical typing methods.
Meinel Dominik M et al. Infection 2017 Oct
- The evolution of seasonal influenza viruses.
Petrova Velislava N et al. Nature reviews. Microbiology 2017 Oct
- Preventive Steps
- Emergence and adaptation of a novel highly pathogenic H7N9 influenza virus in birds and humans from a 2013-human-infecting low pathogenic ancestor.
Qi Wenbao et al. Journal of virology 2017 Oct
- Pilot screening study of targeted genetic polymorphisms for association with seasonal influenza hospital admission.
Carter Tonia C et al. Journal of medical virology 2017 Oct
- Evolution-informed forecasting of seasonal influenza A (H3N2)
Du X, et al. Sci Transl Med, Oct 25, 2017.
- Human Parainfluenza Virus Infection in Severe Acute Respiratory Infection Cases in Beijing, 2014-2016: a Molecular Epidemiological Study.
Pan Yang et al. Influenza and other respiratory viruses 2017 Oct
- Adenovirus vector-based multi-epitope vaccine provides partial protection against H5, H7, and H9 avian influenza viruses.
Hassan Ahmed O et al. PloS one 2017 (10) e0186244