NIH-CDC Public Health Genomics Webinar February 14, 2018
Interested in learning how large health systems are integrating genomic sequencing into practice and the challenges and opportunities for health impact? Join for our free online webinar February 14, 2018 in collaboration with the National Cancer Institute and the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
Please register for free.
Special Genomics and Implementation Science Webinar
- Precision Medicine and Population Health Interest Group, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health
- Center for Translation Research and Implementation Science, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health
- Office of Public Health Genomics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Integrating Genome Sequencing in Health Care Systems:
Evaluation, Implementation, and Population Health Impact
February 14, 2018, 2:00-3:00 pm EST
NCI Shady Grove Campus, Room 2E032/034
FREE REGISTER REQUIRED: REGISTER NOW
Human genome sequencing is increasingly used in a variety of health systems in the United States and globally. Clinical screening programs share the goal of examining genes or variants in unselected populations to identify individuals at increased risk to help prevent future disease, or adverse drug outcomes. Many current genomic-based screening programs examine germline variability in specific genes that have been evaluated and recommended by evidence groups. Others are implementing whole genome or whole exome sequencing as part of biobank efforts linked with electronic health records and/or other epidemiologic data.
- Presentations. Each presenter will review current experiences; and evidentiary, economic, data sharing and infrastructure, and outcome data requirements needed to implement and measure success of genome sequencing in improving health. (20 minutes each; 40 minutes total)
- Discussion and Q&As. Emphasis is on how the presented information should inform an implementation science agenda in genomic medicine. (20 minutes)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario