LOS PACIENTES AVANZANDO EN INVESTIGACIÓN
Innovative Research Call
The Innovative Research Grant funding scheme is a new opportunity for researchers within and outside the EB field to explore innovative ideas in EB that could ultimately accelerate the field of EB research. The call is for:
- Concepts or technology that are novel, or new to EB, that had very limited or zero preliminary evidence for applicability to EB, but where there was a well-argued rationale for testing feasibilitybased on either understanding of the mechanisms or biology of EB, or parallel evidence from other conditions. The purpose of any grant made will be to gain preliminary evidence of feasibility and relevance.
- Research projects that ultimately benefit patients with EB e.g. improving their life quality (either short-term or long-term).
Studies that develop a highly innovative concept with the potential to make a step change in our understanding of:
- how the disease develops, or
- the development of therapeutic or diagnostic capabilities.
- bring in new approaches from other indications to tackle unmet problems in EB,
- test new therapy concepts based on known biology,
- investigate the biological basis for intriguing clinical observations,
- fix technical issues that currently limit therapy efficiency, safety or feasibility.
- Between 6 months and 2 years duration.
- Maximum amount 120.000 EUR per project.
- Money can be flexibly utilised for personnel and non-personnel costs.
- Lead applicant must have completed a PhD or an equivalent higher degree.
- Lead and co-applicant are expected to have personal salary support for the duration of the grant.
- Research project needs to fall within DEBRA International's four priority research areas.
- Commercial organisations cannot apply for the grant.
This is a one-stage process of online application.
- Research proposals must be submitted via our online system.
- If you are experiencing any technical problems or your query is not answered in the information provided in the system, please contact cornelia.schrauf(at)debra-austria.org.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions before completing the application.
- Research Proposals will be reviewed by external reviewers and members of DEBRA
- International's Expert Panel on 11th December 2017. If necessary, applicants will be invited to rebut jury comments and requests by 9th January 2018.
- Recommendations for funding made by the expert panel at a grant review meeting will then be considered by DEBRA Austria's Boards of Trustees for the final funding decision.
- The final funding decision will be at the discretion of DEBRA International. It is anticipated that funding decisions will be made no later than in the end of January 2018.