LOS PACIENTES AVANZANDO EN INVESTIGACIÓN
Research project grants
Current research priorities
- Improve our understanding of the biology and genetics of all forms of EB, as better understanding can lead to new approaches to diagnose and treat EB
- Work towards the development of therapies (including possible gene-therapies, cell-therapies, drug therapies or protein therapies)
- Understand the nature of wound healing and the development of skin cancer in EB, and seek to develop better treatments and prevention strategies
- Support clinical care research to improve the management of EB through symptom relief
- One of the defined priority research areas
- Between 6 months and 3 years duration
- It is expected that funding requests would not exceed €80K per annum; however, funding in excess of these amounts may be allowed if considered by DEBRA to be adequately justified in the grant application, and subject to funding availability
- Currency may be USD, EUR or GBP; contracts will be issued in USD, EUR or GBP for a binding amount
Subject to funding availability, allocation of funds will recognise an equal prioritisation of the research areas, while adhering to the core principle of funding the best research, identified by MSAP as meeting the criteria of scientific quality, feasibility and patient benefit.
- Please send an electronic copy by e-mail to Dr Clare Robinson and DEBRA International Office(attachments should be <6Mb)
- and one signed hardcopy posted to the address in the box Address for submission on the left.
If you are applying for an extension (one year maximum) to an existing DEBRA research grant, please complete the application form for grant extensions.