Last Posted: Sep 14, 2017
- Making the Case for Using Whole Genome Sequencing to Fight Foodborne Illness Globally
S Musser et al FDA Blog, Sep 14, 2017
- Molecular Epidemiology and Sequencing Approaches in Public Health - Modules
New York Integrated Food Safety Center of Excellence, Cornell University
- Clinical Microbiology Laboratories' Adoption of Culture-Independent Diagnostic Tests Is a Threat to Foodborne-Disease Surveillance in the United States.
Shea Shari et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2017 Jan (1) 10-19
- National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System: Two Decades of Advancing Public Health Through Integrated Surveillance of Antimicrobial Resistance.
Karp Beth E et al. Foodborne pathogens and disease 2017 Aug
- Context Is Everything: Harmonization of Critical Food Microbiology Descriptors and Metadata for Improved Food Safety and Surveillance.
Griffiths Emma et al. Frontiers in microbiology 2017 1068
- A Syst-OMICS Approach to Ensuring Food Safety and Reducing the Economic Burden of Salmonellosis.
Emond-Rheault Jean-Guillaume et al. Frontiers in microbiology 2017 996
- Strain-level metagenomic analysis of the fermented dairy beverage nunu highlights potential food safety risks.
Walsh Aaron M et al. Applied and environmental microbiology 2017 Jun
- Solve Foodborne Outbreaks
- Shiga Toxin-Producing E. coli & Food Safety
- PulseNet International
- PulseNet International: Vision for the implementation of whole genome sequencing (WGS) for global food-borne disease surveillance
C Nadon et al, Eurosurveillance 2.0, June 2017
- Whole genome sequencing (WGS) for food-borne pathogen surveillance and control taking the pulse
J Moran-Gilad, Eurosurveillance 2.0, June 2017
- Food Safety in the Age of Next Generation Sequencing, Bioinformatics, and Open Data Access.
Taboada Eduardo N et al. Frontiers in microbiology 2017 909
- Study of bacterias DNA fingerprint suggests it could be spreading via food distribution
Science Magazine, April 2017
- A Comparative Analysis of the Lyve-SET Phylogenomics Pipeline for Genomic Epidemiology of Foodborne Pathogens.
Katz Lee S et al. Frontiers in microbiology 2017 8375
- Utility of Combining Whole Genome Sequencing with Traditional Investigational Methods To Solve Foodborne Outbreaks of Salmonella Infections Associated with Chicken: A New Tool for Tackling This Challenging Food Vehicle.
Crowe Samuel J et al. Journal of food protection 2017 Mar 654-660