Trastornos hemorrágicos en las mujeres.----
Bleeding Disorders in Women
Signs and Symptoms of a Bleeding Disorder
- I have heavy menstrual periods, such as:
- Bleeding for more than 7 days from the time bleeding begins before it completely stops.
- Flooding or gushing of blood that limits daily activities such as housework, exercise, or social activities.
- Passing clots that are bigger than a quarter.
- Changing a tampon or pad, possibly even both, every hour or more often on heaviest day(s).
- I have been told I am "low in iron" or I have received treatment for anemia.
- I have experienced prolonged bleeding episodes such as:
- After dental surgery, other surgery, or childbirth;
- Frequent nose bleeds (longer than 10 minutes);
- Bleeding from cuts or injury (longer than 5 minutes); or
- Easy bruising (weekly, raised, and larger than a quarter in size).
- I have one or more of the bleeding symptoms above and someone in my family has a bleeding disorder such as von Willebrand disease or a clotting factor deficiency such as hemophilia.