Celebrate National DNA Day on April 25th!
- DNA Day Teaching Tools and Student Contests Whether you're a teacher who wants to help your students learn more about DNA or a scientist who needs ideas for how to talk to students in your community about genetics, this page has something for you! Modules for classroom outreach, lesson plans, and educational videos on scientific topics and experiments are among the many resources listed. Teachers: there are even contests where your students can show off what they've learned!
- #DNADay16 Twitter Chat Join the discussion on April 25 at 11 a.m. EDT as genomics research and education programs discuss career paths, technology development, education, and other topics.
- "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit Monday April 18th - Friday April 22nd, you can ask genetics experts questions on the Reddit science community forum "/r/Science."
- National DNA Day Pinterest Challenge for K-12 Teachers and Students Starting April 25, view the winning boards on emerging technologies from this year's Challenge. Teachers and students worked together to create "Unlock Life's Code for National DNA Day Boards," with pins about DNA, genetics, and genomics that can be used in the classroom.
- American Society of Human Genetics' DNA Day Essay Contest for High School Students Read selections from winning essays debating whether teens should be encouraged to wait to get genetic testing for adult-onset conditions until they are adults.