Last Posted: Dec 22, 2016
- Geisinger and Regeneron study finds life-threatening genetic disorder is substantially underdiagnosed
Geisinger Health System, December 22, 2016
- Genetic identification of familial hypercholesterolemia within a single U.S. health care system
NS Abul-Husn et al, Science, December 23, 2016
- Knowing the Prevalence of Familial Hypercholesterolemia Matters.
Goldberg Anne C et al. Circulation 2016 Mar 133(11) 1054-7
- Letter by Paton Regarding Article, "Knowing the Prevalence of Familial Hypercholesterolemia Matters".
Paton David M et al. Circulation 2016 Jul 134(3) e17-8
- Attainment of LDL Cholesterol Treatment Goals in Children and Adolescents With Familial Hypercholesterolemia. The SAFEHEART Follow-up Registry.
Saltijeral Adriana et al. Revista espanola de cardiologia (English ed.) 2016 Nov
- A novel approach to screening for familial hypercholesterolemia in a large public venue.
Campbell Megan et al. Journal of community genetics 2016 Nov
- A qualitative study of patients' perceptions of the value of molecular diagnosis for familial hypercholesterolemia (FH).
Hallowell Nina et al. Journal of community genetics 2016 Nov
- The prevalence and prognostic importance of possible familial hypercholesterolemia in patients with myocardial infarction.
Rerup Sofie Aagaard et al. American heart journal 2016 Nov 18135-42
- The use of targeted exome sequencing in genetic diagnosis of young patients with severe hypercholesterolemia.
Jiang Long et al. Scientific reports 2016 Nov 636823
- HEART UK statement on the management of homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia in the United Kingdom.
France Michael et al. Atherosclerosis 2016 Nov
- What Gets Measured Gets Done: Public Health Progress in Familial Hypercholesterolemia
J Knowles and MJ Khoury, CDC Blog Post, November 9, 2016
- Testing toddlers for inherited heart disease
Genomics Education UK, October 31, 2016
- Challenges in the health economics of familial hypercholesterolemia.
Norman Richard et al. Current opinion in lipidology 2016 Oct
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia in Spain: Prevalence and Phenotype-Genotype Relationship.
Sánchez-Hernández Rosa M et al. Circulation. Cardiovascular genetics 2016 Oct
- Referral Patterns and Cascade Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia in a Pediatric Lipid Clinic.
Stempel Hilary et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2016 Nov 178285-287
- Test cholesterol of one-year-olds to prevent early heart attacks, study suggests
The Guardian, October 26, 2016
- ChildParent Familial Hypercholesterolemia Screening in Primary Care
DS Wald et al, NEJM, October 26, 2016
- What Should Be the Screening Strategy for Familial Hypercholesterolemia
BW McCrindle et al, NEJM, October 26, 2016
- Child-Parent Familial Hypercholesterolemia Screening in Primary Care.
Wald David S et al. The New England journal of medicine 2016 Oct 375(17) 1628-1637
- The panorama of familial hypercholesterolemia in Latin America: a systematic review.
Mehta Roopa et al. Journal of lipid research 2016 Oct
- Universal Cholesterol Screening in Childhood: A Systematic Review.
Smith Anna Jo et al. Academic pediatrics 16(8) 716-725
- What Should Be the Screening Strategy for Familial Hypercholesterolemia?
McCrindle Brian W et al. The New England journal of medicine 2016 Oct 375(17) 1685-1686
- Systematic analysis of variants related to familial hypercholesterolemia in families with premature myocardial infarction.
Brænne Ingrid et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2016 Feb 24(2) 191-7
- Familial hypercholesterolemia among unselected contemporary patients presenting with first myocardial infarction: Prevalence, risk factor burden, and impact on age at presentation.
Mortensen Martin Bødtker et al. Journal of clinical lipidology 10(5) 1145-1152.e1
- Familial hypercholesterolemia in a large ambulatory population: Statin use, optimal treatment, and identification for advanced medical therapies.
Knickelbine Thomas et al. Journal of clinical lipidology 10(5) 1182-7
- US physician practices for diagnosing familial hypercholesterolemia: data from the CASCADE-FH registry.
Ahmad Zahid S et al. Journal of clinical lipidology 10(5) 1223-9