- Cancer and Tobacco Use
Tobacco use causes many cancers, CDC Vital Signs, November 2016
- Some racial, ethnic groups continue smoking cigarettes at higher rates
CDC press release, August 4, 2016
- Impact of first federally funded anti-smoking ad campaign remains strong after three years
- Smokers' Stories: Five Reasons to Quit
Tips from former smokers, 2016
- I'm Ready to Quit!
- I'm Ready to Quit!
From NIH National Cancer Institute Web Sites
- SHATTUCK LECTURE: The Future of Public Health.
Frieden Thomas R et al. The New England journal of medicine 2015 Oct (18) 1748-54
- Maternal smoking, xenobiotic metabolizing enzyme gene variants, and gastroschisis risk.
Jenkins Mary M et al. Am. J. Med. Genet. A 2014 Jun 164A(6) 1454-63
- A smoking-associated 7-gene signature for lung cancer diagnosis and prognosis.
Wan Ying-Wooi et al. Int. J. Oncol. 2012 Oct 41(4) 1387-96
- Varenicline for smoking cessation: nausea severity and variation in nicotinic receptor genes.
Swan G E et al. Pharmacogenomics J. 2012 Aug 12(4) 349-58
[Disease: Stroke|Familial Hypercholesterolemia|Heart Disease; Type: Program; State: Multiple States]
- Addressing Familial Hypercholesterolemia
[Disease: Familial Hypercholesterolemia|Heart Disease|Stroke; Type: Education; State: West Virginia]
- Cancer Genetics: Focus on BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutations
[Disease: Breast Cancer|Ovarian Cancer; Type: Education; State: New York]
- The Ohio Plan to Prevent Heart Disease and Stroke 2008-2012
[Disease: Heart Disease|Stroke|Familial Hypercholesterolemia; Type: Data|Policy|Program; State: Ohio]
- Ohio Department of Health Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program Take Heart: Know Your Heart Disease and Stroke Family Health History
[Disease: Stroke|Heart Disease|Familial Hypercholesterolemia; Type: Education|Tools; State: Ohio]
- Appropriateness of newborn screening for [alpha]1-antitrypsin deficiency.
Published 2014 (Alpha-1 Foundation - Workshop Attendees)
- Appropriateness of newborn screening for á1-antitrypsin deficiency.
Published 2014 (Alpha-1 Foundation)
- Molecular testing guideline for selection of lung cancer patients for EGFR and ALK tyrosine kinase inhibitors: guideline from the College of American Pathologists, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, and Association for Molecular Pathology.
Published 2013 (College of American Pathologists) (International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer) (Association for Molecular Pathology)
- Association between genetic polymorphisms involved in the hypoxia-inducible factor pathway and lung cancer risk: A case-control study in Japan.
Asia-Pacific journal of clinical oncology 2016 Dec .
Yamamoto Yuzo, Kiyohara Chikako, Ogata-Suetsugu Saiko, Hamada Naoki, Nakanishi Yoic
- High expression of programmed cell death 1 ligand 1 in lung adenocarcinoma is a poor prognostic factor particularly in smokers and wild-type epidermal growth-factor receptor cases.
Pathology international 2016 Dec .
Mori Shohei, Motoi Noriko, Ninomiya Hironori, Matsuura Yosuke, Nakao Masayuki, Mun Mingyon, Okumura Sakae, Nishio Makoto, Morikawa Toshiaki, Ishikawa Yuic
- Lung cancer mutation profile of EGFR, ALK, and KRAS: Meta-analysis and comparison of never and ever smokers.
Lung cancer (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 2016 Dec 102 122-134.
Chapman Aaron M, Sun Kathie Y, Ruestow Peter, Cowan Dallas M, Madl Amy
- Pilot Study on the Genetic Background of an Active Matrix Metalloproteinase (aMMP-8) Test in Finnish Adolescents.
Journal of periodontology 2016 Dec 1-10.
Heikkinen Anna Maria, Raivisto Teija, Kettunen Kaisa, Kovanen Leena, Haukka Jari, Esmaeili Elmira Pakbaznejad, Elg Jessica, Gieselmann Dirk-Rolf, Rathnayake Nilminie, Ruokonen Hellevi, Tervahartiala Taina, Sorsa Ti
- Regulation of plasma factor XIII levels in healthy individuals; a major impact by subunit B intron K c.1952+144 C>G polymorphism.
Thrombosis research 2016 Dec 148 101-106.
Mezei Zoltán A, Katona Éva, Kállai Judit, Bereczky Zsuzsanna, Molnár Éva, Kovács Bettina, Ajzner Éva, Bagoly Zsuzsa, Miklós Tünde, Muszbek Lász